We’re always looking for smart and enthusiastic people to come work with us! We especially encourage women and those from backgrounds poorly represented in STEM fields to apply to our lab- all are welcome. (FYI: LA Weather)
We currently hiring for a NIH-funded post-doc position. Click here for more information.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering or other related field
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Desire to conduct cutting-edge research
To apply please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of two potential recommenders to Kate Wassum (email@example.com). Informal inquiries are encouraged.
We are currently accepting graduate students. We take graduate students through the UCLA Neuroscience Interdepartmental program
Informal inquiries regarding the possibility of joining the lab as a graduate student are encouraged and should be directed to Kate Wassum (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply for an undergraduate research position in our lab please contact Dr. Kate Wassum (email@example.com). Please provide us with:
- Your CV, including your major and GPA.
- Information on why you are looking to do research in a lab, generally.
- Information on why you are particularly interested in our lab and what types of things you’d like to learn with us.
- Your overall goals for a research experience.
- Information on any of the UCLA DLAM or lab safety courses you have completed (it’s okay if the answer is none).
- Information on any prior research experience you have had (it’s okay if you haven’t had any)
- The time you are looking to invest in a research opportunity- hours/week and when this time is available (including weekends) and also longer-term (e.g., # of quarters).
- A brief <1 pg synopsis of one of our research papers that interests you (see our publications page).
We take undergraduates from all areas of campus. Please contact your department directly for information about getting credit for research. Below are some helpful links for getting involved in undergraduate research and work study opportunities.